Friday, May 14, 2010

WHY JMS

Few days back one of my friend asked my boss why do we use JMS adapter ?

I was not aware of the exact answer :(

I was telling all non sense.

I asked few people but didn't get satisfactory answer Finally one BEA guy told me d answer which i liked so i thought of sharing it with you.


Ok jut think of a browser you typed something.com and you immediately repsonse

Now if the server is not up then you will get an error possibly 404 error,this happened becasue the client is directly calling the server without checking if the end server is available or not.


What happens in a JMS is that the message that we send is kept in a queue and it doesn't send the message to the server till it see it is up and running properly
so here there is not direct interaction we have something called as JMS server in between which take care of the message.

I believe i explained what i have understood if some one has to add more to it you are welcome.

2 comments:

Anirban said...

yup..right ..think of a chat like situation .. someone types something..it's getting dumped ..and then he types something ..this is similar kinda thing .. morever jms is useful as it worksin pub/sub mode ..so if u r creating a topic u can have multiple consumers and a single provider ..

Mikku said...

Ah Great Thanks Anirban for your comments.
Keep commenting