Friday, February 05, 2016

Distributed Topic and SOA Cluster



If you are wokring in a SOA Suite cluster with multiple node, you will have to face a lot of issues configuring Distributed topic.

I faced a lot of issue first time , some of the common issues were

1> how to point the distributed topic to multiple targets.
2> For one message multiple subscribers are getting triggered.
3> Messages are going to all the servers.

But all these are just a one time issue. One you know the correct steps you should be able to get it working in a first shot.

In this post we will discuss about the task to be taken care of from admin and developer side.

First step is to create a distributed topic.

first of all it is important to understand that there is a diffence between topic and distributed topic. If you are creating a topic it can just point to one of the managed server , however the distributed topic can be pointed to multiple server.

Steps to be followed for creating a distributed topic are

1> Create JMS servers pointing to individual managed server.



Next create a JMS module

And then a subdeployment

While creating a subdeployment make sure you are targetting it to the JMS server you have created in the previous step.




Now go ahead and create a distributed topic

Go for advance targeting of topic and point it to the sub deployment created.

While creating a distributed topic, one important point is that make sure you are specifying the forwarding policy as Partitioned otherwise the message will be replicated to all the servers.



Now you are good from admin side but a task is required from developer as well that is to add a singleton property in your SOA process.

<binding.jca>
<property name="singleton">true</property>
</binding.jca>

In case you are using OSB as a publisher and subscriber

Make sure you are enabling Quality of service for exactly once.



clustering in OSB is again more confusing so i will write a separate post on my next exercise to make it more clear.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post
is just great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

Anonymous said...

I know this web page presents quality dependent articles or reviews
and extra material, is there any other web page which presents such information in quality?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Anonymous said...

Very nice write-up. I certainly appreciate this website.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Greetings I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found
you by error, while I was looking on Digg for something else,
Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a tremendous post and a
all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time
to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked
it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have
time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

Anonymous said...

I truly love your site.. Excellent colors & theme.
Did you build this website yourself? Please
reply back as I'm looking to create my own personal website and would love
to find out where you got this from or what the theme is named.

Many thanks!