Sunday, January 15, 2017

Reverse engineering a Model is not generating the datastores


This was an annoying issue i was facing with ODI.

Whenever i try to reverse engineer the model it was not creating any thing for me.

These are the steps i followed

I created a dataserver connecting to ODI_STAGE schema

I provided the credential in definition tab of ODI data server within Physical Schema --> Oracle technologies

In the JDBC tab i provided the jbdc url to connect to my local database.

I tested the connection and this was working fine.

I create a physical schmea for the data server and there i provided Schema and workschema as Log schema which is another user in my data base.

I created the logical schema and then a model.

When i tried to reverse engineer the model it didn't generate any data store for me.

After doing some hit and trail i realised that the work schema and schema should also be the same

So went back and changed the work schema and schema in physical architeture to ODI_STAGE

Post this i was able to reverse engineer and get my records in the model

No comments: