Thursday, January 07, 2010

Creating a database connection from jdeveloper

First of all log in to database and create a new user assign it the dba priviledge



create a simpel table arpit



Now insert a record in to the table



Verify if the record has been create in the table



I am inserting one more record in to the table.



Now go to jdeveloper

Navigate to connection navigator tab and select the database and right click on it




Now select the first option to choose a new database connection and following screen will come up




say next and provide the connection name




say next and provide the user and password for the schema you wanted to conenct.Since I have create a arpit user I will try to conenct to the arpit table and say next.



Now since the database is stored in my same system I am giving the host name as local host.The jdbc port in my case is 1521 and the SID is orcl.Provide these details as per your database configuraiton.




Say next and test the connection.




Say finish and the connection will be created in the database as can be seen




Now if we will extend the database that we have created just now.We can find the table cretaed.



No comments: