Friday, February 05, 2010

OUI-10136:An oracle home with name already exists at location

I was facing this issue repeatedly at my end when i was trying to install SOA Suite 11g on my end.This is the exact error i was getting at my end.



I was sure it is some issues with my prior deinstallation.Initially i was having a cluster set up in my machine and i had deinstalled it from system but some how i didn't follow the correct steps and some entries left in my system.

In order to ovecome this issue.You need to go to the following directory

C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\ContentsXML

If you will open ContentsXml you will get the entry .

IN my case following entry was there

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
<!-- Copyright (c) 1999, 2008, Oracle. All rights reserved. -->
<!-- Do not modify the contents of this file by hand. -->
<INVENTORY>
<VERSION_INFO>
<SAVED_WITH>11.1.0.7.0</SAVED_WITH>
<MINIMUM_VER>2.1.0.6.0</MINIMUM_VER>
</VERSION_INFO>
<HOME_LIST>
<HOME NAME="OraDb11g_home1" LOC="D:\app\arahi\product\11.1.0\db_1" TYPE="O" IDX="1"/>
<HOME NAME="oracleas1" LOC="D:\OraHome_1" TYPE="O" IDX="3"/>
<HOME NAME="oracleas2" LOC="D:\OraHome_2" TYPE="O" IDX="4"/>
<HOME NAME="Infra" LOC="D:\Infra" TYPE="O" IDX="5"/>
<HOME NAME="mid" LOC="D:\Mid" TYPE="O" IDX="6"/>
<HOME NAME="oracleas3" LOC="D:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1" TYPE="O" IDX="8"/>
<HOME NAME="OH1842022333" LOC="D:\Oracle\Middleware\oracle_common" TYPE="O" IDX="9"/>
<HOME NAME="Oracle11gDB" LOC="D:\app\arahi\product\11.1.0\db_2" TYPE="O" IDX="10"/>
<HOME NAME="OraDb11g_home3" LOC="D:\app\arahi\product\11.1.0\db_3" TYPE="O" IDX="11"/>
<HOME NAME="OraBPEL1" LOC="D:\product\10.1.3.1\OraBPEL_1" TYPE="O" IDX="7" REMOVED="T"/>
<HOME NAME="OH1195524706" LOC="D:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1" TYPE="O" IDX="2" REMOVED="T"/>
</HOME_LIST>
</INVENTORY>


I removed the un necessary entry from here and saved the files.Then i started my installation again this time i didn't get any issue.

5 comments:

John Gordon said...

Thank you!

Chandu Sankuratri said...

Hmmm.. This did not work for me.

Mikku said...

Then you need to remove the entries from your registries.
regedit

Check this post "Delete Oracle"

Steve said...

Yup, that did it. I didn't think I'd have to look at Program Files, but sure enough, there was Oracle stuff in there.

Manika said...

It worked for me... thanks